CS2353 OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
1. To learn basic OO analysis and design skills through an elaborate case study
2. To use the UML design diagrams
3. To apply the appropriate design patterns
Introduction to OOAD – What is OOAD? – What is UML? What are the United
process(UP) phases - Case study – the NextGen POS system, Inception -Use case
Modeling - Relating Use cases – include, extend and generalization.
Elaboration - Domain Models - Finding conceptual classes and description classes –
Associations – Attributes – Domain model refinement – Finding conceptual class
hierarchies- Aggregation and Composition- UML activity diagrams and modeling
System sequence diagrams - Relationship between sequence diagrams and use cases
Logical architecture and UML package diagram – Logical architecture refinement - UML
class diagrams - UML interaction diagrams
GRASP: Designing objects with responsibilities – Creator – Information expert – Low
Coupling –Controller – High Cohesion – Designing for visibility - Applying GoF design
patterns – adapter, singleton, factory and observer patterns.
UML state diagrams and modeling - Operation contracts- Mapping design to code -UML
deployment and component diagrams
TEXT BOOK :
1.Craig Larman,"Applying UML and Patterns: An Introduction to object-oriented Analysis and Design and iterative development”, Third Edition, Pearson Education, 2005
1. Mike O’Docherty, “Object-Oriented Analysis & Design: Understanding System Development with UML 2.0”, John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
2. James W- Cooper, Addison-Wesley, “Java Design Patterns – A Tutorial”, 2000.
3. Micheal Blaha, James Rambaugh, “Object-Oriented Modeling and Design with UML”, Second Edition, Prentice Hall of India Private Limited, 2007
4. Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides,“Design patterns: Elements of Reusable object-oriented software”, Addison-Wesley, 1995.